We draw our inspiration from mindfulness approaches to learning. The underlying attitude is that we do not have innate faults, but that difficulties arise because we lack sufficent awareness of the impact and consequences of our actions. The difficulties we cause in this way are often a source of stress and suffering for ourselves and others. The cure to any problem, therefore, is to foster new and fresh perspectives which bring about an increase in our knowledge, understanding and compassion. This happens naturally in an environment of authentic learning.
In this context, we understand authentic learning as:
- Increasing understanding and appreciation of our own integrity, needs and values
- Reconnection with an innate wish for the well-being and benefit of others
- Ongoing fascination with the practices
- Ever-increasing sense of wellbeing, fulfilment and meaning
- Growing ability to influence our own lives, and those of others around us — capable of transforming ourselves and our world