Managing Conflicts & Complaints
At some point in every working life, difficulties occur — with clients, customers or colleagues. In order to maintain performance and meet targets, it is essential to avoid the damage caused by conflict. To do so, employees need the right skills to manage confrontation successfully, and to help them through inevitable tensions and difficulties.
Our courses and coaching provide a thought-provoking and challenging experience of dealing with difficulties. They increase the ability to build efficient working relationships with colleagues and clients, even in difficult circumstances. They introduce radical new perspectives on communication, which build on existing strengths, while highlighting unhelpful habits, providing solid skills to take back into work.
- To improve generic skills in communication and professional behaviour
- To understand the nature of conflicts and complaints, and how to resolve them
- To enhance one’s ability to maintain harmonious multi-disciplinary teams
- To increase successful, clear and efficient communication
- Understand the nature of conflict
- Notice when communication breakdown is likely to, or has already, occurred — and establish a positive connection once difficulties have arisen
- Achieve collaboration while getting your message across honestly
- Hear difficult messages from others while standing your own ground
- Practise empathy and active listening in challenging situations, and judge successfully when to advise, educate and determine strategy
- Foster appreciation and trust across boundaries, while acknowledging different needs and temperaments
- Deal with challenging emotions in yourself and others
- Express appreciation, while staying genuine and real